Buy New Mobiles Online at Best Prices in India
A smartphone is a cell phone that lets you do more than make phone calls and send text messages. Smartphones can browse the Internet and run software programs like a computer. Smartphones use a touch screen to allow users to interact with them. There are thousands of smartphone apps including games, personal-use, and business-use programs that all run on the phone. The picture is an example of the Apple iPhone, a popular smartphone.
What can a smartphone do?
Smartphones are loaded with features and capabilities that make them more than a phone. Below is a listing of the popular smartphone features.
- Make and receive phone calls text messages.
- Take, show, and store pictures and video.
- Browse the Internet, and send and receive e-mail.
- GPS capability for location and navigation.
- Record and play audio and music.
- Display time and date and other functions such as alarm clock, stopwatch, and timer.
- Display weather and temperature information.
- Voice dictation and take notes.
- Virtual assistant using Siri, Google Assistant, or Cortana.
- Access utilities, such as a flashlight, e-book reader, and calculator.
More advanced smartphones are now foldable, which enables them to change between that standard smartphone and tablet screen sizes. For example, the Huawei Mate X can unfold to provide an 8-inch screen.